Friday, October 13, 2006

Something mundane..

Just something mundane for a change:)

Had been to Mumbai for the past two days..
And the weather there is plain horrible..
I should be used to the sweltering October heat considering I have lived in Mumbai for 20 yrs..
But having stayed in Pune for the past 2 yrs,I had forgotten how unbearable sweaty and humid
it is these days in m'bai..
Man!! I really couldn't wait to get out of there..I pity my friends who are still in there,haaha

Both my sisters had been verrryy upset with me for I had not visited them since 5 months..
Well,thats not true actually..I had met both sometime in the last month at my parent's place,hehe.
So..my first stop was at my sis' place who got married 5 months back and then next day off went to meet my cute little nephew at Tarapur..

Its funny how kids like him remember small small things which we adults(I like to consider myself one,anyways) normally ignore or forget as something inconsequential..
He seems to have adjusted pretty well to a life where both ur parents are working and one of whom come home only after half a day has passed..Not a big deal u could say since scores frm our generation have been brought up in the same envt..
But he's just abt 3.5 yrs old yaar..Sometimes I feel really bad for him..

The way he greeted me enthusiastically only a 3 yr old kid can..the way his face lit up upon seeing me after a gap of 5 months..more than made up for the tiresome journey to that place..
(Tiresome..u ask??Its a 7 hour journey from here in Pune!!!)

Why he was so happy upon meeting me..i do not know..
I am so not comfortable with kids..Dont have enuf patience in me, the bulk quantity u need to be in their company for more than 30 mins..phew!!

I know i should visit him more often.. But i dont see another of these 7 hrs journey in the foreseeable future..

No comments: