Sunday, October 08, 2006

Response to Hitesh's comments on the earlier post..

Some anonymous person has left a comment on my previous post..
I don't understand the point in leaving ur comment, my anonymous friend, the least u could have done was post something intelligent!!

Anyways,I didn't write what i wrote in my previous post in hope that someone will agree with me and we will start a club for like-minded people..

Hitesh has posted a comment and I wanted to respond to him..I think this is better than psoting a comment myself,hehe..

Btw,Hitesh I wanted to reply to you sooner than this but have been really busy these past few days yaar..I know you won't bliv me..but its true,man!!

Alrt,here goes my 'response'...



Wow!!Such caustic remarks my friend?? What r u trying to prove out here by calling me a loser? Just coz i mentioned the truth,I am a loser?? All I said was to be open to hearing atleast some thing which is other than what u know as the truth..
I have never accepted anything blindly,my policy has been -- always ask questions if in doubt..Never stop being curious..Is that a crime?
U r calling me stubborn here..But tell me what have u said in ur comment which has contradicted the points i have mentioned??

Being loud is not the option buddy,facts are what u can convince me wth otherwise!

And FYI, there aren't 100 billion ppl on this globe..Over 1 billion in India and another 5-6 billion in the rest of the world...Hehe..i was just nit-picking...

But even here u r basing ur opinion on wht 100 billion ppl on the globe believe..not wht ur mind says..

Ppl also believed just a few centuries bcak that Earth is at the center of the universe and sun and other planets revolve around it..Copernicus and Galileo were persecuted for begging to differ..
R u trying to say tht ppl shud have carried on bliving wht other millions of ppl had accepted as truth just bcoz it was convenient?? Plz gimme a break..

U ask me if i have any relative in the British armed forces who told me and only me the real reason we got our freedom..
there goes ur close mindedness again! I have no need to see the Britsh archives from 50 yrs back..when the two reasons i mentioned in my post are sanctioned officially by the Indian govt itself in its NCERT books..Its just that i took the pains to read them ..gather information frm various sources rather than basing my opinion solely on one book or one story told to me by someone..Read any history book recommended for UPSC extra reading and u will know for urself..I was repudiating the version of Quit India movement being a success..

But if you had read wht i had actually said above..u wud knw..It doesnt take a genius to figure out wht was happening thn..
Tell me my friend how much do u knw abt the INA strugle..abt the contribution of Subhashchandra Bose in India's freedom struggle..
Do u knw Gandhi played favorites too??
Do u knw Bose was in the Congress but quit coz of Gandhi's favoritism towards Nehru..
Even Patel was sidelined by him.
If u want a specific reference go chk the Tripura session of Congress..u will knw wht i am talkin abt..

I will agree I havent read 'my expts wth truth'..thts Mr.Gandhi's autobiography in case u didnt knw..
I read Godse's autobiography coz i was curious abt their real motives for Gandhi's murder.
I am not justifying anybody's actions here..

Bliv me I have read main parts of Hitler's autobiography too (albiet translated in marathi)..
Just coz i read sumthin i dont accept it as truth..i base my opinions on credible sources..read the plural there??
Tht means i try to get diff perspectives for the same story..Since i was not present at the time those things happened ,i can only form my opinion on wht is available now..isn't it?

I ddint mean to belittle the sacrifice of those hundreds and thousands of freedom fighters in my post..Just that i don't agree on the way they chose to do so.
Do u think all tht satyagraha and courting arests made any bloody diff to the British?? After the rather spectacular failure of the Quit India movt..Gandhi gave a call for sumthng called as 'Individual' satyagraha..Try to remember it was in our history books ..i am not inventing anythn here..
Do u knw wht this was??A face saving excercise..go figure..

If Satyagraha was such a potent weapon..pray tell me why it took 14 years more after we achieved independence for the Portuguese to vacate Goa ,DadraNagarHavli & Diu-daman??
Do u knw how many Satyagrahis were killed in these 14 yrs by the Portuguese??

On a single day of 15th August 1955, 3000 satyagrahis were opened fire upon by the Portuguese army..
What did Nehru do? He sat still and watched the Goans being brutally oppressed for 6 more yrs.

In the end it was an armed struggle by the Azad Gomantak Dal(RSS ppl) who liberated Dadra Nagar haveli..
Finally Nehru reluctantly ordered 40000 Indian troops to march into Goa after his failure to convince Portugal's Premier Dr. Antonio de Salazar to depart gracefully after coming to an amicable settlement with India, similar to that arrived at by France.

It took just 26 hrs for the Portuguese army to surrender...

This is wht i meant by my statement..wht cud have been achieved in 5 yrs took 50 yrs instead...

Do u knw Bhagt Singh was an ardent Gandhi follower before he turned to armed struggle??

My whole point in relating the above historical facts was so tht u could open ur eyes to the truth..
After the first world war european nations were totally bankrupt..
Gandhi had the reins of Congress back then..
Remember the Non-co-operation movt in 1921?? It was successful beyond measures than Gandhi himself had expected..
Adn wht did he do? Killed the movt when the British govt was facing intense heat..coz of the Chauri -Chaura incident..

Did u knw tht was the main reason why youngsters like Singh were disillusioned wth Gandhi and his policies??
After the 1st WW there was high amount of discontent amongst the Indian forces coz they were forced to die for the Raj in some faroff land in Africa and Europe..
If the Congress had milked tht situation in its favor..the results i mentioned wud have been achieved in a span of 5 yrs..maybe less!!

In fact there was an attempt too,not by the INC of course..since thy preferred dominion status until 1931..total independence was demanded bowing to pressure frm the likes of S C Bose and other nationalists outside the Congress working committee

But tht attempt was curbed after betrayal and treachery and Rasbihari Bose had to flee to Japan..
There are many such examples i can give here..all pointing to the same thng..how much time and men we sacrifced in fooling ourselves..

You say i have yet to understand what gandhi giri is...Well ,we can sit with a couple of beers one day and u can explain me wht is ur version of gandhi-giri...Believe me i will hear u out wth an open mind..

What i gather is Gandhism has at its core the belief in truth and non-violence..in spirit if not to the letter..
Truth and absolute truth...just does not exist in any realm..If according to you I am a loser because I lie..so be it..

Everybody has lied abt sumthn or other at sum point of his life,rt??
Do u wish to contest this??
I dont say everyone lies all the time..

But the truth is you cant follow the path of truth all ur life..Its extremely difficult..

I wud really like to meet one such person who has never in his life lied abt anythng..be it for any damn minor thing!!

The other main pillar in Gandhism is Non-violence..here are the exacts words from Mr.Gandhi himself offering the suggestion to English people during the WW-2..

"I would like you to lay down the arms you have as being useless for saving you or humanity. You will invite Herr Hitler and Signor Mussolini to take what they want of the countries you call your possessions.... If these gentlemen choose to occupy your homes, you will vacate them. If they do not give you free passage out, you will allow yourselves, man, woman, and child, to be slaughtered, but you will refuse to owe allegiance to them".


Please tell me how can u not laugh at this??As i said before...u have to be practical..

If Gandhian values were to be followed the Jews shud have willingly gone to the concentration camps or rather committed mass suicides instead of letting the German Nazis kill them!


All I want to say in the end is keep an open mind..

You can always agree to disagree,but for that you have to have a fair debate on the issue..

Cheers!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Guess we can only debate over this over a couple of beers (now that u've learnt to have it ;-)). Just read my last comment. Guess it was really too loud. Didn't mean to give caustic remarks, i'm sure u know...

Anonymous said...

First of all i never knew what u were talking about but looking at your previous comment i came to know just about what u were saying....dont worry my marathi is not so good ok....and dont think i'll take so much pain to advertise my blog site in such a way....i'll directly mail everyone the address coz i am not scared of you or something.... Also stop disturbing other people if u really dont have enough proof....If I really want to make a fool of you i have other better ways.....so dont worry pal....and continue crapping.